- Shill means to actively promote and convince others to buy something from you or another person
- [Crypto slang] the act of trying to sell your NFT or crypto by actively promoting it on social media
Crypto slang Dictionary
Overview and a list of crypto words and phrases with their meaning and definitions. Define your own words at Folkabulary.
- Mint is the name of an aromatic herb
- Another word for spearmint or peppermint
- Of the color mint (green)
- [Crypto slang] To create a digital object on blockchain
Shill of shilling is when someone is trying to promote and convince someone else to buy a certain crypto coin or NFT. This word has a negative connotation.
IYKYK is an abbreviation from the crypto community. IYKYK means: “if you know, you know” and refers to (hidden) gems or potentially lucrative NFTs.
Mint and minting are absolutely crucial for NFT. If you mint an NFT, you are creating a digital object on the blockchain. Minting, therefore, means ‘creating’.
Szn is short for season which means market cycle. In crypto, it is being referred to the market rotation where the trend can go up and down.
Ape in is a slang term from the crypto community. It refers to people who buy crypto coins or NFTs without properly researching them.
An ape is another word for a monkey. Next to that, Ape or Ape in is also a word which is created by the crypto community and refers to people who buy NFT’s without doing proper due dilligence.
NGMI is short for “Not gonna make it” and the antonym of WAGMI. NGMI is typically used when disagreeing with a certain action or as a sign of regret over bad decision.
WAGMI (also written as GMI) is short for “We all gonna make it” or “Gonna make it”. It refers to an optimistic state about the future of NFT’s and Cryptocurrencies.